Monday, November 25, 2013

trending

I use twitter sparingly. It means I am pretty much bored already whenever I open the app. I myself only tweet perhaps four times a month at the very most. Whatever mundane thoughts I have, twitter saves me the trouble of shouting it out directly on Facebook since I have them linked together.

I wouldn't contest the fact of its usefulness. When our tv was busted, I rely on its feed to be updated on the flight of Jessica Sanchez. Just recently it also let me knew that Manny Pacquiao had won while we were waiting for the freaking delayed telecast on national tv. Thank you twitter addicts.

What irks me is how local news program (or perhaps even abroad) would shove down to our throats what has been trending topic on the site. Here's a piece of news to you viewing public and wait yeah it was even a trending topic. And I was like seriously?

I suppose I am an old timer who wants plain good old news program. I couldn't even care less of those opinion of some random person sometimes they air on their segments. You know how it works. They would post a question and everyone could reply-just with their imposed hashtag of course.


I guess all I want is for them to draw the line. They have to remember that what is reflected on the social media doesn't automatically represents the opinion of entire populace. It is a good sample of it sure but I still don't give a damn what is trending or not. There are tons of fame whores out there and putting them into news entice more mindless people  to be fame whores.

No comments: