Sunday, November 10, 2013

attitude

How does that famous essay about attitude go again? It goes something like you controlling your own mind-set. You may not possibly change the attitude of those around you but you can modify your attitude towards them. For it is indeed draining to get annoyed non-stop; I'd rather pretend they're dead

I have come up with that realization weeks ago but I am not sure how come I can not apply it- say at work (I must start with somewhere so I choose my work because that is where most of my interaction with other people takes place.) Could it be that after all these year I am still that sensitive?


If so, then how would I get an invisible armor for my still overly sensitive personality? Sure I can pretend that I don't care at all with all that nonchalance look but how would I turn that to real indifference?

 --from my journal: Friday, January 4, 2013 11:17 AM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"For it is indeed draining to get annoyed non-stop; I'd rather pretend they're dead"
I love that line :) True why pay attention to those that annoy you when you can simply go on with your life ignoring them.

Kapitan Panagimpan said...

correct. its just that you can't ignore them 24/7.